So I just turned 24 two days ago. Super weird. I cannot believe I am this old. I am firmly in my mid-twenties now, there is no denying it.
In order to commemorate this big birthday and also to continue with my goal of making time more meaningful, I decided to create a list. And not just any kind of list, but a list of 101 things I want to do in 1001 days. This list was inspired by the amazing Mackenzie Horan who has her own 101 in 1001 list posted on her blog (and she’s getting ready to post round 2 of 101 in 1001)!
So without further adieu here is my 101 in 1001!
Create a list of 101 things. Transfer files from old laptop to new Mac. (March 2015)
- Organize iTunes.
- Invest in quality staple pieces for my wardrobe.
Take a trip to a new city.(Annapolis, September 2014) Visit a winery.(Chaddsford Winery, Spring 2014) Go on a picnic. (May 2015)
- Go surfing.
Go canoeing. (June 2015) Take the next steps in my career (find a new job).(July 2014)
- Change the decor in my apartment so it fits my personal style.
- Send my mom flowers out of the blue.
- Take a photography class.
- Host a murder mystery party.
- Complete 10 DIY crafts. (1/10 coin magnets)
Invest in a new everyday bag. (Cuyana bag, April 2015)
- Go skinny dipping.
- Find my signature scent.
- Take a ballroom dance class.
- Find a daily makeup routine that works for me.
Drink 8 glasses of water a day for one week.(Fall 2014)
- Watch all of Audrey Hepburn’s movies. (Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Funny Face)
Find my signature cocktail.(St Germain margarita) Try 10 new recipes.(10/10 chicken with cherry-wine sauce, salmon with grapefruit-avocado salsa, asparagus fries, citrus ginger tuna steak, baked margarita chicken wings, crockpot tortellini soup, mango and coconut quinoa, strawberry and ricotta pastries, cilantro-lime cucumber salad, raspberry blueberry crumb bars)
- Host my first dinner party.
- Read 20 new books. (16/20 Insurgent, Allegiant, The Happiness Project, One Thousand White Women, French Women Don’t Get Fat, The Zoo Story, Will Grayson Will Grayson, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Defining Decade, Treasure Yourself, Biocentrism, Gone Girl, The Girl on the Train, The Husband’s Secret, The Night Circus, The Ice Twins)
Sync all of my devices together.
- Treat my mom to a mani/pedi.
- Visit a new state.
Get a massage. (April 2015) Go to my second music festival. (June 2014)
- Buy a pretty bicycle.
- Adopt another animal through WWF.
- Invest in a new digital camera.
- Take a bartending/mixology class.
- Find out my blood type.
- Run a mile without stopping.
- Attend a horse show, horse race, or polo match.
Grow herbs in my apartment. (basil & mint, April 2015)
- Reread all the Harry Potter books.
- Take my dad to a college or professional sporting event.
Save over $10,000 in my main savings account. (July 2015)
- Go rock climbing.
- Go horseback riding.
- Make a surprise visit to one of my friends.
Organize and make use of my second bedroom. Invest in all new underwear. Try a new fitness class. (Pure Barre, August 2015)
- Attempt a detox/cleanse.
Read 2 news articles per day for one week. Try 5 new foods – duck, rabbit, chia seeds, oysters, passionfruit. Try to keep up a blog for at least 2 weeks.
- Send out 25 handwritten notes. (5/25)
- See another Broadway show.
- Stick my feet in an ocean they have never been in before.
Watch 10 documentaries. (10/10 Blackfish, We’re Not Broke, I Am, Earthlings, Somm, Particle Fever, Fed Up, GMO OMG, NG: Inside North Korea, The Paw Project) Complete a jigsaw puzzle. Get a new credit card. Have my own drink/bar cart in my apartment.
- Go to the US Open.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
Expand my professional network.
- Go to the gym or take a fitness class at least twice a week for two months.
Update my resume. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Visit the Harry Potter Theme Park.
- Go skiing again.
Write a letter to myself to be opened on my 30th birthday.
- Make 3 new friends.
- Give up soda for 6 months.
- Start to collect something.
- Learn more about my Irish heritage.
Go vegetarian for one week.
- See Britney Spears in concert.
Take a multivitamin everyday for a month. Kiss someone at midnight on New Year’s Eve. (January 2014) Go apple or berry picking. (Fall 2014) Subscribe to a few magazines.
- Attend the UD Homecoming football game.
- Buy myself fresh flowers every week for one month.
Visit a museum.
- Prepare a meal using only ingredients from a farmer’s market.
Reconnect with an old friend. Watch all the movies nominated for best picture before the Academy Awards. (February 2015)
- Try to play golf or go to a driving range.
- Build a snowman.
- Go ice skating outside.
- Create a gallery wall in my apartment.
Eat from a food truck. (June 2015) Find the perfect little black dress.
- Buy a piece of furniture not from Ikea.
Pay off my car loan. (July 2015)
- Become an organ donor.
Attend a few of Tom’s soccer games.
- Help Kyle move into college.
Dress up for work for one week. Organize all my closets.
- Buy a disposable camera and take some fun pictures.
Bake a cake from scratch. (brown sugar plum cake) Watch a sunrise. (Santorini, Greece, July 2015)
- Put $10 into savings for each item accomplished.
What do you think of my list? Do you have your own 101 in 1001 list? If you do post a link in the comments, I would love to see it!