So Zoe from the What’s In Between completely inspired this post for me. She wrote a post yesterday about indulging in the little luxuries in life. Her list is so spot on (I’m definitely going to try using lavender oil on my pillow from now on!) so I thought I would try to create my own list of little luxuries.
- Splurge on unique foods. I love food (who doesn’t?). And I really love trying different types of foods. Unique products that have a sense of romance or whimsy to them particularly make me smile. I’m slowly starting to realize how happy it makes me to purchase a jar of homemade pumpkin butter or a bottle of elderflower presse. These items are a little pricier than the normal food I buy, but the little luxury of biting into a salted caramel truffle is worth the extra few bucks.
- Infuse my water. I have no idea what it is but putting a few sprigs of mint into my glass of water or a couple slices of cucumber makes me feel oh so elegant.
- Display items in cute jars. I like to save the pretty glasses and jars my candles come in. Once the candle runs out I remove any excess wax and reuse the jar as storage. Right now I have my makeup brushes, q-tips, feminine products, and pens all stored in old candle containers.
- Buy fresh flowers. Having fresh flowers strewn around my apartment makes me abundantly happy.
- Invest in nice clothing. I am not a shopper. Period. But I’ve slowly taken on a new shopping mantra. Buy pieces that I love, that are classic, and that will last. I am willing to spend a bit more on clothing that I know will get a ton of use and will last me a super long time. Last fall I purchased a $100 sweater from J.Crew. I was hesitant about spending that much on just one piece of clothing but I am glad I did! It has quickly become my favorite sweater ever and I know I will have it for years to come.
- Enjoy tea. I have always enjoyed tea more than coffee. The calm process of making myself some herbal tea on a quiet evening and sipping it out of a teacup or mug is so relaxing.
- Take care of my skin. This is a new one I have just recently gotten into. I have never been a beauty guru and there were a lot of nights I skipped washing my face (whoops). Lately though I’ve been exploring different skincare treatments and routines. I recently purchased Lush’s ocean salt scrub which I love! I’ve also been better about applying lotion after showers and buffing out the callouses on my feet (disgusting I know, but the results are magical).
What are some ways you create luxury in your own life? What things do you like the splurge on because they give you joy?