I’m going to let you in on a little secret: thinking of things to blog about can sometimes be pretty tough. Sometimes I feel like I have so much to write about. Other times I come up completely blank (hence the days when this blog has no new posts, whomp). I try to keep a running list of blog ideas in a Google Doc, but sometimes I don’t feel inspired to write the post or other things need to come together before I can get started on it.
That’s why Carly’s post today is beyond perfect. The College Prepster was the very first blog I started reading regularly. I discovered it when both Carly and I were sophomores in college. I loved how organized Carly was (I fawned over color coordinated notes and agendas). I loved the pink and green style of her blog. I especially loved how we were the same age and as I grew so did she. I always start my day by checking my email and reading Carly’s blog and today’s post was a godsend. 50 Ideas for Blog Posts. Something I really need as I seem to always be lacking inspiration.
After reviewing Carly’s list I already have ideas churning in my head. To start though I’m going to share 10 weird facts about me (#11 on Carly’s list!).
- I can quote the entirety of Mean Girls. That 4-way calling scene in the middle of the movie? Yeah I have repeated that word-for-word more times than I can count.
- The first time I ate McDonald’s french fries I ate them so fast I bit my own fingers. That’s how good I thought they were.
- When I was younger I would pretend to be a dog so much I would get holes in the knees of most of my pants.
- I can sing the alphabet backwards.
- I’ve read the entire Harry Potter series about 7 times. I also used to listen to the Harry Potter podcast Mugglecast at least once a week.
- I can listen to Christmas music pretty much any time of year. I’ve been known to listen to my favorites in June.
- I love Aly & AJ. Who now go by 78Violet. Loved them since their Disney days. Love them now.
- I don’t really like the beach all that much because I don’t like sand and I sunburn way too easily.
- I’ve written at least 4 different research papers about Hawaii and Hawaiian culture. I have never been there though.
- At 24 years old (25 next month!) I still love to play the Sims and Nancy Drew computer games.
Please share with me a few weird facts about yourself! I would love to hear them.