I could legitimately listen to Christmas music at anytime of the year. I love the Christmas season and Christmas music seriously helps to put me in the spirit. Classic Christmas music is great, but I admittedly can get pretty tired of the same songs over and over again. I start to feel as though if I’ve heard one rendition of White Christmas, I’ve heard them all.
I need some new, exciting Christmas music to inject some life into the classics and luckily there are plenty of options to choose from! See my list below for some new holiday tunes that should definitely be added to your traditional playlist.
- My Only Wish (This Year) by Britney Spears – no playlist is complete without a little Britney
- Christmas Day by She & Him
- Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson – easily my new favorite holiday song
- Warm This Winter by Gabriella Cilmi
- 4 Carats by Kelly Clarkson
- The Lights and Buzz by Jack’s Mannequin
- Christmas Coming Home by Lennon and Maisy – this sister duo can do no wrong in my eyes
- Soul Cake by Sting – throwing this in here because it’s a family favorite
- Mistletoe by Colbie Caillat
- A Great Big Sled by the Killers
- Someday at Christmas by Jack Johnson
- Not This Year by Aly & AJ – this is almost an anti-Christmas song but I still love to jam to it
- Don’t Shoot Me Santa by the Killers
- A Bizarre Christmas Incident by Ben Folds Five
- All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey – is it really a holiday playlist if Mariah doesn’t make an appearance?
Have any other non-traditional holiday songs? Send them my way! And check out my full holiday playlist on Spotify here!