I love the start of a new year. Everything feels new and fresh. I love feeling as though I have a blank state to start from. This year is a brand new chapter and I have the power to determine how I want to live it. It’s empowering and emboldening and all around a great feeling.
Going hand in hand with that, I truly love new year resolutions. Some people resent resolutions since they normally fail within the first month (I admittedly rarely get past January with my resolutions). But just the thought of having a fresh outlook and goals to go with that perspective is nice. Every year I make some resolutions and try to stick with them the best I can. This year I am doing the same. Check out a few of my resolutions below.
- Focus on health. This seems to be a resolution of mine every year in some shape or form. Previously I was more focused on losing weight but now I want to focus more on health. Feeling good about myself and my body. Having more energy and setting myself up to live a long and happy life. I am planning to join the Tone It Up nutrition plan as a way to jumpstart my healthy year.
- Complete more items on my 101 list. I love crossing things off my 101 list. It feels so satisfying and really fun too. I still have about 70 items left to complete and a year and a half left to do them.
- Career planning. There is a certain direction I want to take with my career and there are some steps involved to get there. I want to start really pursuing the life and job I want. This means more research, networking, and meetings.
- Get out more! I’ve been living in DC for about 6 months now and I still feel as though there is so much to explore. I want to take advantage of the city as well as get out of my comfort zone and meet some new people. I’ve been slow to make new friends here and I want to be more proactive about reaching out to new people.
- Continue with my blog. I love writing on this blog and I want to make it a priority in this new year. Improve upon my design, SEO, content, and photos.
What are some of your new year resolutions? I would love to hear about them!